Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Street Party

Commonwealth Avenue in Quezon City again came to a halt as protesters and supporters came in droves for the annual State of the Nation Address of the President.

Marching orders for us in the magazine was to just watch the SONA instead but my instinct as a photographer still came in. So, I still took pictures of the people gathered in the streets.

Traffic arrangements was similar when President Bush of the US came to Batasan. Rallyists crowded in front of Ever Gotesco Mall.

Other photographers had already gathered at the stage set by party-list group Bayan Muna in front of the mall.


Most of us took the opportunity to climb scaffoldings set behind the stage. I even met some students from UP who were making a documentary of the event. They were also scared by the feat and great lengths they were doing to get a good shot of the event.

I stayed there for over an hour and left for a meeting.

* When I came back home last night, the stretch of Commonwealth Avenue that people occupied stenched of garbage. I was covering my nose from the rotting smell. The local government did not do clean-up operations in the area after the event.

Comments:
Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » » »
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?